The Tramex DSAL Dec Scanneris a mobile non-destructive impedance scanner designed for the instant surveying of moisture conditions in roofing and waterproofing systems perASTM D7954. Ideal for water leak detection in roofing materials and integrity testing
The Tramex DSAL Dec Scanner detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within roofing systems by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is generated, transmitted into the material under test via one of the two electrodes incorporated in the rubber electrode mat, and received by the second electrode. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Tramex Dec Scanner determines the strength of the current and converts this to a comparative moisture content value. By moving the Tramex Dec Scanner across a roof surface in a regular pattern, a continuous reading is obtained, and areas that contain moisture can be readily identified.
Moisture detection testing can be done at the time of installation for warranty auditing and quality control, as part of an ongoing maintenance program, or prior to re-roofing or repair of damaged roofs. The Dec Scanner is a durable but lightweight instrument that is easily transported to the roof surface. Having determined a known acceptably dry area, one of three sensitivity ranges is selected, and the Dec Scanner is ready to use. Without causing any damage to the roof surface, the Dec Scanner is moved over the tested area. The Dec Scanner gives continuous moisture condition readings, from which a moisture map of the surface can be drawn up, and leaks traced to their source.
- Complies to ASTM D7954
- Non-destructive impedance moisture meter.
- Three ranges of sensitivity enabling the inspection of a variety of roof membranes and insulation thicknesses.
- Ergonomic easy-reach and easy to operate control panel.
- Leak tracing, water leak detection, problem sourcing, and an instantaneous and clear indication of roof condition.
- Fast readings over large roof areas in a short time frame.
- Work in normal daylight hours.
- Faster and more user friendly than nuclear meters.
- Easy and safe to use with no regulatoryrestrictions or operating license required.
|Size||30W x 15D x 6H (762 mm x 400 mm x 158 mm)|
|Scanning area||24W x 15.5D (609 mm x 394mm)|
|Carry case||38W x 20D x 12H (940mm x 508 mm x 305mm)|
|Weight Dec Scanner|| 24.6 lbs (9.95 Kg)|
|Weight Carry Case||21.9 lbs (9.9 Kg)|
|Total Weight Dec Scanner in Carry Case||46.5 lbs (21.1 Kg)|
|Outer packaging carton weight||4.4 lbs (2 Kg)|
Total shipping weight
|51 lbs (23.1Kg)|
|Dimensional shipping weight||66 lbs (30 Kg)|
|Display||Analog Measuring Range: 0 to 100|
|Comparative Max. depth of penetration||6 (152 mm)|
|Power Supply||2 x 9 Volt PP3 Batteries (included)|
|Limitations||Some EPDM, Butyl rubber roofing and other conductive roofing|
The Dec Scanner has an integrated and adjustable calibration ability allowing for precise comparative readings. There are 3 Ranges, and they should be selected as best suits the surface under test, for example:
- Range 1 -Most suitable for single-ply and thin roof coverings such as PVC, Hypalon and other smooth surfaces where insulation is wet and moisture is close to the surface.
- Range 2 -Most suitable for multi-ply built-up and modified systems, mineral surfaced felts, and other smooth or gravel surfaces where insulation is less wet and moisture is below the surface.
- Range 3 -Most suitable for thicker roof coverings such as mastic asphalt, thick gravel and stone surfaced roofing
Roof and Wall Scanner
- The TramexRWSRoof and Wall Scanner is a multi-mode non-invasive impedance scanner designed for the instant, precise and non-destructive evaluation of moisture conditions and leak tracing in roofing per ASTM D7954 and in wall systems of the building envelope
Roof Master Kit
- The Roof Master Kit is the complete kit for the Roong Professional, allowing for continuous and point-of-contact, non-destructive surveying of moisture conditions in roong and waterproong systems, per ASTM D7954, up to 6 inches in depth, as well as non-destructive measurement of moisture conditions in concrete decks, measurement of moisture conditions in wood decks, and ambient relative humidity and dew point conditions. This kit comes in a protective heavy-duty wheeled carry case with die-cut foam lining
Flooring Master Kit
- The ultimate Tramex kit for pre- & post-application moisture testing of concrete and other floor screeds, wood and wood-based products. Featuring the Tramex CMEX II digital concrete moisture meter for testing per international standard ASTM F2659. The best in class, reusable Hygro-i2 relative humidity probes allow for testing relative humidity, temperature and dew point in the environment, or performing in situ and hood testing (with optional hood) of relative humidity in concrete slabs to international standards BS 8201, 8203, 5325 and ASTM F2170