Four ranges of sensitivity up to a maximum depth of 4 (10 cm)
Commercial roofing, EIFS, Water Restoration, Inspection/Surveying
The TramexRWSRoof and Wall Scanner is a multi-mode non-invasive impedance scanner designed for the instant, precise and non-destructive evaluation of moisture conditions and leak tracing in roofing per ASTM D7954 and in wall systems of the building envelope.
The Tramex RWS detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within roofing and wall systems by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Roof & Wall Scanner determines the strength of the current and converts this to a comparative moisture content value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial.
The Tramex RWS Roof Moisture Meter and Wet Wall Scanner includes everything needed for testing:
- Tramex RWS Roof & Wall Moisture Detector
- Tramex Telescopic Handle for Use on Roofs
- Tramex Leather Carrying Case
- Operating Instructions
- One (1) year warranty
- Complies with ASTM D7954.
- For non-destructive moisture evaluation of roofs, EIFS, foam insulation systems & other building envelope applications.
- To evaluate the extent of the moisture problem and help trace and pin-point its source.
- Multi-mode functions allowing for depth penetration and sensitivity selection.
- Fast and easy to operate giving instant clear readings.
- "Hold function facilitates ease of recording readings.
- Lightweight, handheld and battery operated.
- Telescopic handle (for use on roofs).
- Inexpensive to purchase and operate compared to other non-destructive testing methods.
|Size||4.9" x 10.8" x 2.9" (125mm x 275mm x 75mm)|
|Construction||ABS Body Power: 9 volt PP3|
|Display||Analog Depth of penetration: 4" (100mm)|
|Four Ranges||Roofing Mode with high and low sensitivity. EIFS / Foam Roof Insulation Mode with high and low sensitivity|
|Leather carry case||Telescopic handle for use on roofs only|
|Limitations||Some EPDM, Butyl rubber roofing and other conductive roofing. Hard Coat Stucco, wire lath or wire mesh reinforced finishes|
Moisture detection testing can be done at the time of installation, as part of an ongoing maintenance program, or prior to reparation of damaged roofing and wall systems. The RWS is a handheld, hardwearing instrument with dual operating modes for roofing and EIFS/Foam insulation systems, each with two ranges of signal penetration. Having calibrated the RWS on a known acceptably dry area, the RWS gives instant readings for the moisture survey.
Tramex BSMK5.1 Building Survey Master Kit
- A complete kit featuring the RWS Roof & Wall Scanner for instant, non-destructive evaluation of moisture conditions deep within wall and roofing systems
- The Building Survey Master Kit features the multifunctional Tramex MRH3 digital moisture meter allowing for non-invasive testing of moisture conditions in numerous building materials such as drywall, wood, plaster, brick, ceramic tiles, resilient flooring, laminates and roofing