The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 is a non-destructive digital multi moisture meter forconcrete floors and slabs providing instant and precise quantitative measurement of moisture contentusing Gravimetric testing as a baseline. The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 also provides Carbide Method equivalent readingsfor concrete and other cementitious substrates as well as comparative readings as per ASTM F2659.Incorporating plug-in ports for the optional Hygro-i2 relative humidity probe testing per ASTM F2170and heavy-duty pin-type wood probes, this moisture meter transforms into the ideal all-in-one instrument for the flooring professional.
The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 includes everything needed for testing:
- Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5
- Tramex Single Meter Case
- Operating Instructions
- Certificate of Calibration
- One (1) year warranty
- 4 modes of measurement: Non-destructive moisture measurement, ambient hygrometer and optional external in-situ hygrometer and wood pin probe.
- 8 simple membrane keypad controls.
- Moisture readings and scale are displayed on a large, clear easy-to-read clear digital display: 2.3" x 1.4" (58mm x 35mm).
- The built-in Hygrometer probe provides Relative Humidity (RH) readings, temperature, dew point temperature and Humidity Ratio.
- Wood pin probe mode is automatically selected when the probe is plugged into the Concrete Moisture Encounter X5.
- When the external Relative Humidity (RH) Hygro-i2 probe is connected to the Concrete Moisture Encounter X5, the instrument automatically switches to RH mode. Ambient or In-Situ Relative Humidity readings, probe temperature, dew point temperature and Humidity Ratio are automatically displayed (Hygrometer Mode).
- When the battery requires replacement a LOW BATTERY icon is shown on the display.
|Moisture content for Concrete||0 6.9 %|
|Comparative for Gypsum floor screed||0 12|
|CM Equiv Anhydrite/Concrete||02.7 / 0 4.3|
|Reference scale||0 100|
|Relative Humidity||0 99%(with optional Hygro-i2 probe)|
|Humidity accuracy||0% 99%RH +/- 2% @ 25C / 77F|
|Moisture content for wood||5 30 %(with optional wood pin probes)|
|Power||2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)|
|Depth of penetration in concrete||approx. " (20mm)|
How it Works
The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Tramex CMEX5 Concrete Moisture Encounter X5 determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear digital dial.