Delmhorst RC-1E Analog Wood Moisture Meter, 6%-80% (Meter only)
Price: $ 500.00
Delmhorst RC-1E Wood Moisture Meter
Easy-to-read analog display
Measures moisture in gypsum using a three-range scale: (0.2%-1%, 1%-8%, and 8%-50%)
Built-in battery and calibration check
Clad in a durable and beautifully finished hardwood case, the RC-1Es classic design and wide moisture measurement range make it a valuable addition to your toolkit. The Delmhorst RC-1E Wood Moisture Meter has been a favorite among dry kiln operators for years.
- Easy-to-read analog display.
- Measures moisture in Douglas Fir using a three-range scale (6%-80%, 6%-11%, 11%-25% , and 25%-80%).
- Also available with Southern Pine correction as RC-1E/SP.
- Built-in calibration check.
- Built-in battery check.
- Auto shut-off timer.
- Size: 6 1/2" X 8" X 3".
- Weight: 3 lbs. 8 oz.
- Rugged construction ensures years of reliable use.
- 9V battery.
- 1-year warranty.
Delmhorst RC-1E Moisture Meters Package Variations:
- Meter Only: Includes meter with its own carrying case. Order as RC-1E.
- Package: Includes meter, 26-ES electrode and extra 496 pins for the 26-ES electrode. Order as RC-1E/PKG.
Accessories & Electrodes
- Uninsulated pin and retainer with 5/16" penetration. Standard on all meters with built-in pins and the 2-E and 4-E electrodes. Used on wood up to 6/4 (1 ), concrete and gypsum
496 contact pins are insulated except at the tips, and measure 2" overall with 1 1/8" penetration. Standard on the 26-ES, and can be used to check wood up to 5" thick
- The 608 insulated contact pins measure 4" overall, and penetrate 3 1/4". Standard on 21-E and 18-ES electrodes, and can be used on roofing, insulation, timber, poles, and EIFS. Also available in 7 length with 6 penetration as 608/001
- Another alternative to the 496, the A-111 is an uninsulated contact pin measures 1 7/16 and has 1/2" penetration. The A-111 is compatible with both the 26-ES and the 22-E, and its tapered point makes it easier to penetrate into hard surfaces. Can be used on wood up to 2" thick
- Moisture content standards are great for verifying that your Delmhorst moisture meter is in calibration. The MCS-1 can be used on any meter with a wood scale. With two electrical resistance values (12% and 22%) to test your meter against, you can be sure that your readings will stand up to the strictest standards of accuracy. The MCS-1 is also available with a letter of certification traceable to NIST
- Pin type, with two rows of four pins each, maximum penetration 1/8". Penetration can be adjusted according to stock thickness by means of gauge block. Used for veneer
- Similar to 26-ES, the 18-ES has a 17" steel shaft. Comes with 608 insulated pins for 3 1/4" penetration. Ideal for timber, poles, and ties.
- Also offered - 18-ED - with depth gauge to measure pin penetration
- Comes with A-111 uninsulated contact pins for 1 1/2" penetration. For use on plaster, masonry and wood. Will also accept 496, insulated pins; 1 1/16 penetration
- 22-E is also available as the 22- ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas
The 496 contact pins that come with the 26-ES penetrate 1 1/8 and have insulated shanks so that only the tips are exposed. The pins make contact only at their uncoated tips and provide much more accurate readings of moisture content at various levels of penetration. This feature is useful for a variety of different applications
- Flooring installers:Penetrate through flooring to plywood sub-floor, or concrete.
- Dry kiln operators:Identify moisture gradients which helps to identify the drying pattern.
- Furniture manufacturers and craftsmen:Easily check high density hardwood that short pins are unable to penetrate
Also available as the 26-ED, which includes gauge to measure pin penetration depth
Fitted with the same 5/16" penetration pins that are mounted on our pin type meters. This electrode is great for a variety of different applications:
- Home inspector:Use on wood joists and drywall.
- Paper producer:Use on curved surfaces such as cardboard and paper tubes.
- Woodworker:Use on timber, poles, and veneer.
2-E is also available as the 2- ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas. Can also be fitted with A-103 uninsulated pins with 1 3/32 length and 11/16 penetration.
- T-handle electrode with 3/8" penetration to check moisture in stacks in or out of the kiln. Stickers must be at least 5/8". Also offered in and 4 1/2 ft. length as 42-EB/4-5.
Comes with 4 uninsulated 2497/A-100 contact pins for 5/16" penetration. Useful for
- Dry-kiln operators: Use on kiln-dried boards up to 2" and on air-dried boards up to 5/4
- Leather producers: Use for tough leather