Delmhorst J-2000W/CS Digital Pin-Type Wood Moisture Meter, Individual Instrument
Price: $ 360.00
Delmhorst J-2000 Digital Pin-Type Wood Moisture Meter
Bright, clear digital display.
Corrects for 50 individual wood species and temperature (F and C).
Averages up to 100 accumulated readings.
For flooring contractors, woodworkers, furniture manufacturers, QC inspectors and small mills, the Delmhorst J-2000 Digital Pin-Type Wood Moisture Testerhelps to keep up with ever-changing job conditions. With built-in wood species correction and temperature correction, along with storage and informative reading statistics the Delmhorst J-2000 wood moisture meter is an extremely versatile tool at a great value.
- Bright, clear digital display.
- Corrects for 50 individual wood species and temperature (F and C).
- Averages up to 100 accumulated readings.
- Moisture Range: 6%-40% on wood.
- Also available with 6%-60% MC range as J-2000/X.
- Built-in calibration check.
- Integral contact pins mounted on top of meter provide 5/16 penetration.
- Built-in connector accepts any Delmhorst electrode.
- Size: 8 x 3 x 1 5/8.
- Weight: 10 oz.
- Rugged construction ensures years of reliable use.
- Sturdy plastic carrying case.
- 9V battery.
- 1-year warranty.
- An alternate to the 496 pin for the 26-ES, the 1849 is a 1 insulated pin with 1/2" penetration. The 1849 is suitable for wood up to 2" thick.
- Uninsulated pin and retainer with 5/16" penetration. Standard on all meters with built-in pins and the 2-E and 4-E electrodes. Used on wood up to 6/4 (1 ), concrete and gypsum
- Retainer used to hold contact pins in place. Used with #608 and #608/001. Available in packs of 4 as 305RET-0021/4.
- 496 contact pins are insulated except at the tips, and measure 2" overall with 1 1/8" penetration. Standard on the 26-ES, and can be used to check wood up to 5" thick.
- The 608 insulated contact pins measure 4" overall, and penetrate 3 1/4". Standard on 21-E and 18-ES electrodes, and can be used on roofing, insulation, timber, poles, and EIFS. Also available in 7 length with 6 penetration as 608/001.
- Retainer used to hold contact pins in place. Used with #496, #1849, and #A-111 pins. Available in packs of 4 as 632/4.
- Another alternative to the 496, the A-111 is an uninsulated contact pin measures 1 7/16 and has 1/2" penetration. The A-111 is compatible with both the 26-ES and the 22-E, and its tapered point makes it easier to penetrate into hard surfaces. Can be used on wood up to 2" thick.
- Moisture content standards are great for verifying that your Delmhorst moisture meter is in calibration. The MCS-1 can be used on any meter with a wood scale. With two electrical resistance values (12% and 22%) to test your meter against, you can be sure that your readings will stand up to the strictest standards of accuracy. The MCS-1 is also available with a letter of certificationtraceable to NIST.
Delmhorst offers a wide assortment of electrodes known throughout the industry for their durability. All Delmhorst electrodes fit any Delmhorst moisture meter. Below are electrodes that are typically used for this model:
- Similar to 26-ES, the 18-ES has a 17" steel shaft. Comes with 608 insulated pins for 3 1/4" penetration. Ideal for timber, poles, and ties.
- Also offered - 18-ED - with depth gauge to measure pin penetration.
- Comes with A-111 uninsulated contact pins for 1 1/2" penetration. For use on plaster, masonry and wood. Will also accept 496, insulated pins; 1 1/16 penetration.
- 22-E is also available as the 22- ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas.
The 496 contact pins that come with the 26-ES penetrate 1 1/8 and have insulated shanks so that only the tips are exposed. The pins make contact only at their uncoated tips and provide much more accurate readings of moisture content at various levels of penetration. This feature is useful for a variety of different applications
- Flooring installers:Penetrate through flooring to plywood sub-floor, or concrete.
- Dry kiln operators:Identify moisture gradients which helps to identify the drying pattern.
- Furniture manufacturers and craftsmen:Easily check high density hardwood that short pins are unable to penetrate
Also available as the 26-ED, which includes gauge to measure pin penetration depth
Fitted with the same 5/16" penetration pins that are mounted on our pin type meters. This electrode is great for a variety of different applications
- Home inspector:use on wood joists and drywall.
- Paper producer:use on curved surfaces such as cardboard and paper tubes.
- Woodworker:use on timber, poles, and veneer/
2-E is also available as the 2- ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas. Can also be fitted with A-103 uninsulated pins with 1 3/32 length and 11/16 penetration.
- T-handle electrode with 3/8" penetration and 3 ft. length to check moisture in stacks in or out of the kiln. Stickers must be at least 5/8". Also offered in a 4 1/2 ft. length as 42-EB/4-5
Comes with 4 uninsulated 2497/A-100 contact pins for 5/16" penetration. Useful for:
- Dry-kiln operators:Use on kiln-dried boards up to 2" and on air-dried boards up to 5/4.
- Leather producers:Use for tough leather
Can also be fitted with A-103 uninsulated pins with 1 3/32 length and 11/16 penetration.