Tramex SMP Skipper Plus Moisture Meter for Boats (Non-Destructive)
Warranty: One Year
The TramexSMP Skipper Plus non-destructive marine moisture meter provides a complete, safe method for detecting excess moisture in GRP and wooden boats. A pocket-sized moisture meter, the Skipper is designed to locate moisture in boat hulls and fittings.
The Tramex SMP Skipper Plus operates on the principal of non-destructive impedance measurement. Coplanar electrodes are fitted on the base of the instrument from which low frequency signals are transmitted into the material being tested measuring the change in impedance caused by the presence of moisture. This reading is translated by the instrument into a moisture content reading
The Tramex SMP Skipper Plus Marine Moisture Meter for Boats includes everything needed for testing:
- Tramex SMP Skipper Plus Moisture Meter
- Tramex Single Meter Case
- Operating Instructions
- Certificate of Calibration
- One (1) year warranty
The SMP Skipper Plus Marine Moisture Meter is used for
- Early detection before blistering appears.
- Identifying the affected area.
- Monitoring hull during de-humidification and repairs.
- Checking stripped or peeled areas for dryness prior to re-coating
To achieve a lasting finish and strength of wooden boats and boat parts it is essential to ensure that they are well maintained and do not contain excess moisture. Excess moisture can rot and decay the wood itself.
Moisture can cause peeling and blistering of applied finishes and treatments, newly applied finishes can fail prematurely if the wood it is applied to is not sufficiently dry. Hidden or trapped moisture can lead to mold and biological growth. The Skipper Plus can be moved across the surface of the boat to moisture survey in a fast and thorough manner, detecting moisture non-destructively through paint and coatings on wood up to a depth of 1.25 (30mm). The Skipper Plus can also be used to detect leaks and trace them to source both above and below decks
- Three ranges for detecting moisture in GRP and hardwood for salt & freshwater.
- Wide range of readings for wood of 5% to 30% on hardwood scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for GRP and other materials
- Identifies the presence of osmosis in GRP hulls.
- Confirms if wooden boats are dry enough for painting or varnishing.
- Trace deck and bulkhead leaks.
- Hold function facilitates ease of recording readings
- Soft rubber electrodes make direct contact without scratching.
- High moisture audio warning tone that can be switched on or off.
- Battery operated (included)
|Size||6" x 3.5" x 1.5" (150mm x 85mm x 38mm)|
|Body Power||9 volt PP3|
|Depth of penetration||up to 1" (30mm|
|Wood Moisture Content||5 to 30 %|
|Reference scale||0 to 100|