The Tramex CME5 Concrete Moisture Encounter is a non-destructive meter for measuring moisture content instantly in concrete slabs per ASTM F2659 and giving comparative or equivalent readings in other cementitious floor screeds. Easy-to-use, giving precise and repeatable results, the Concrete Moisture Encounter allows the user to make multiple tests over a large area in the shortest possible time.
The Tramex CME5 detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Tramex CME5 Concrete Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear analog dial.
The Tramex CME5 Concrete Moisture Encounter Non Destructive Moisture Meter includes everything needed for testing:
- Tramex CME5 Concrete Moisture Encounter
- Tramex Single Meter Case
- Operating Instructions
- Certificate of Calibration
- One (1) year warranty
To carry out tests simply brush any dust from a smooth area of concrete and also from the electrodes, switch on the Concrete Moisture Encounter and place it firmly onto the surface, fully compressing the spring-loaded, signal-enhancing contacts on the base. Read the moisture content from the clear analogue dial. The Concrete Moisture Encounter is calibrated to give percentage moisture content readings on clean, bare dust free concrete floor slabs, with a depth of penetration of approx. " (20 mm). Readings taken on concrete slabs through paint, coatings, adhesives or other materials on the surface should be regarded as qualitative or comparative and not quantitative.
- Non-destructive in operation with no need to probe, drill or mechanically damage the surface.
- Clear easy-to-read analog dial.
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 34" into the slab.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continualdevelopmentand integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold function freezes meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible, and for easy recording of data.
- Reproducible and reliable results.
- Spring-loaded contact pins compensate for uneven concrete and boost signal penetration.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
|Size||6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (160mm x 85mm x 38mm)|
|Power||2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)|
|Depth of penetration||approx. " (20 mm)|
|Moisture Content for Concrete||0 to 6 %|
|Comparative for Gypsum floor screed||0 to 10|
|Reference scale||0 to 100|