The DelmhorstP-2000 moisture meter is an electrical resistance-type moisture meter, utilizing the relationship between moisture content and electrical resistance. The contact pins mounted on the top of the meter are used for making direct contact with the material. Various external electrodes are also available for specific applications. The Delmhorst P-2000 Moisture Meter is especially useful for testing paperboard, corrugated stock, and paper tubes. It is ideal for plant superintendents, inspectors, buyers, and sales people.
- Bright, clear digital display.
- Three scales:
- 4.3%-18% MC for paper.
- 5%-40%, for baled scrap paper.
- 0 - 100 arbitrary scale, for obtaining relative moisture indications on other material.
- Built-in calibration check.
- Averages up to 100 accumulated readings.
- Audible, adjustable alarm alerts you when your pre-selected MC has been reached.
- Integral contact pins mounted on top of meter provide 5/16 penetration.
- Built-in connector accepts any Delmhorst electrode.
- Size: 8 x 3 x 1 5/8.
- Weight: 10 oz.
- Rugged construction ensures years of reliable use.
- Sturdy plastic carrying case.
- 9V battery.
- 1-year warranty
- Uninsulated pin and retainer with 5/16" penetration. Standard on all meters with built-in pins and the 2-E and 4-E electrodes. Used on wood up to 6/4 (1 ), concrete and gypsum
- This moisture content standard is great for verifying that your P-2000 or RDM-3P paper moisture meters are in calibration. With two electrical resistance values (6% and 10%) to test your meter against, you can be sure that your readings will stand up to the strictest standards of accuracy. The MCS-2 is also available with a letter of certification traceable to NIST.
- For P-2000 meters with serial numbers up to 19389, please order the MCS-2
- For P-2000 meters with serial numbers of 19390 and above, please order the MCS-2X.
Delmhorst offers a wide assortment of electrodes known throughout the industry for their durability. All Delmhorst electrodes fit any Delmhorst moisture meter. Below are electrodes that are typically used for this model:
- Double roller type for measuring moisture content on a moving web
- Pin type, with two rows of four pins each, maximum penetration 1/8". Penetration can be adjusted according to stock thickness by means of gauge block.
- Blade type electrode for measuring of paper on skids. Blades are 5" long. Longer blades available on special order
Fitted with the same 5/16" penetration pins that are mounted on our pin type meters. This electrode is great for a variety of different applications
- Home inspector:use on wood joists and drywall.
- Paper producer:use on curved surfaces such as cardboard and paper tubes.
- Woodworker:use on timber, poles, and veneer/
2-E is also available as the 2- ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas. Can also be fitted with A-103 uninsulated pins with 1 3/32 length and 11/16 penetration.
- Clamp type for testing thin sheet stock. The sample tested is compressed between two smooth discs.
- Leaf type for measuring moisture content on a moving web or roll. Can be used with a portable unit or for stationary installation
Prods for testing standard and high density bales (requires H-4 Handle).
- 830-2 10 prod
- 830-3 18 prod
- 830-4 36 prod
- 830-5 12 for hops
Electrode handle that attaches to the built-in connector on the top of any moisture meter. Can be used with the 830 series prods, 831 short pin disc shaped prod, and 832 long pin disc shaped prod. This is useful for large or high density bales of hay or scrap paper. Two handed operation is recommended over using a prod that connects directly to the top of the meter (like our 1235 series) to minimize stress placed on the meter casing