Adjustable temperature correction
Reading Hold facility
The Tramex PTM 2.0is a hand-held, digital, pin-type resistance moisture meter designed to take precise measurements of moisture content in wood, relative drywall readings and comparative WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) readings in wood by-products and other building products. The Professional Tramex PTM 2.0 has built-in standard calibrations, specific calibration for over 500 wood species and adjustable temperature correction.
When wood and wood by-products are installed at the correct moisture content for the environment in which they will be used, the risk of swelling or shrinkage is minimized. If it is installed too wet and dries in service the result will be shrinkage and distortion. If it is installed too dry it could gain moisture, which could result in swelling. Using a good quality moisture meter is the most practical way of ensuring the wood is at the correct moisture level for its intended use. Knowing the actual moisture level also enables efficient processing to be carried out, such as milling, machining, gluing, laminating, spraying and hand painting. The Tramex PTM 2.0 fulfills all these requirements.
The Professional Tramex PTM 2.0 moisture meter works on the principle of DC resistance. When the electrode pins are pressed or driven into the wood, the electrical resistance between the electrodes is measured. If the wood is dry, the resistance is high. If moisture is present in the wood the electrical resistance between the pins changes. The higher the moisture content the greater the reduction in resistance. The level of resistance is accurately measured by the instrument, which translates it into a moisture value. This is a percentage of dry weight moisture content for wood; comparative drywall reading values; and a WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent reference) value for many other building materials.
The Tramex PTM2.0 Professional Pin Type Moisture Meter includes everything needed for testing:
- Tramex CME4 Concrete Moisture Meter Encounter
- Tramex Single Meter Case
- 9 V PP3
- Operating Instructions
- Certificate of Calibration
- One (1) year warranty
- Built-in calibration for 500+ wood species or standard calibration selection.
- Wide moisture content range: 6 - 46% and digital readout to 0.1% accuracy
- Adjustable temperature correction
- Built-in calibrations checks for confirmed accuracy
- Reading Hold facility
- Save up to 100 readings for max, min, average and standard deviation statistics
- Colour LCD screen with brightness adjustment for low-light operation
- Heavy-duty, light-weight aluminium construction
- Built-in pins and optional external handheld and hammer probes available
|Size||7" x 3" x 1" (18.5mm x 7.5mm x 2.8mm)|
|Power||4 x AAA Batteries (included)|
|Display||Digital / Backlit|
|Preset wood species||500+|
Wood moisture content
|6 to 46 % WME|
|Ref - reference scale for building materials||0 to 100|
|Drywall reference scale||0 to 8.5|
Professional Wood EZ Kit
- A kit for instant and accurate measurement of moisture content in a large range of wood species, relative drywall readings and comparative WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) readings in wood by-products and other building materials.
Professional Wood Master Kit
- A kit for instant and accurate measurement of moisture content in a large range of wood species, relative drywall readings and comparative WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) readings in wood by-products and other building materials
Tramex MRH III
Moisture & Humidity Meter
- The TramexMRH IIIMoisture and Humidity Meteris a hand-held digital moisture meter calibrated for most building materials. It also attaches to an optional plug-in TramexHygro-i2 relative humidity probe and heavy-duty pin type electrodes