The TramexRWSRoof and Wall Scanner is a multi-mode non-invasive impedance scanner designed for the instant, precise and non-destructive evaluation of moisture conditions and leak tracing in roofing per ASTM D7954 and in wall systems of the building envelope.
The Roof & Wall Scanner detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within roofing and wall systems by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Roof & Wall Scanner determines the strength of the current and converts this to a comparative moisture content value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial.
Moisture detection testing can be done at the time of installation, as part of an ongoing maintenance program, or prior to reparation of damaged roofing and wall systems. The RWS is a handheld, hardwearing instrument with dual operating modes for roofing and EIFS/Foam insulation systems, each with two ranges of signal penetration. Having calibrated the RWS on a known acceptably dry area, the RWS gives instant readings for the moisture survey.
- Complies with ASTM D7954.
- For non-destructive moisture evaluation of roofs, EIFS, foam insulation systems & other building envelope applications.
- To evaluate the extent of the moisture problem and help trace and pin-point its source.
- Multi-mode functions allowing for depth penetration and sensitivity selection.
- Fast and easy to operate giving instant clear readings.
- "Hold function facilitates ease of recording readings.
- Lightweight, handheld and battery operated.
- Telescopic handle (for use on roofs).
- Inexpensive to purchase and operate compared to other non-destructive testing methods.
|Size||4.9" x 10.8" x 2.9" (125mm x 275mm x 75mm)|
|Construction||ABS Body Power: 9 volt PP3|
|Display||Analog Depth of penetration: 4" (100mm)|
|Four Ranges||Roofing Mode with high and low sensitivity. EIFS / Foam Roof Insulation Mode with high and low sensitivity|
|Leather carry case||Telescopic handle for use on roofs only|
|Limitations||Some EPDM, Butyl rubber roofing and other conductive roofing. Hard Coat Stucco, wire lath or wire mesh reinforced finishes|
Dec Scanner Moisture Scanner for Roofing
- The TramexDec Scanneris a mobile non-destructive impedance scanner designed for the instant surveying of moisture conditions in roofing and waterproofing systems perASTM D7954. Ideal for water leak detection in roofing materials and integrity testing
Roof Master Kit
- The Roof Master Kit is the complete kit for the Roong Professional, allowing for continuous and point-of-contact, non-destructive surveying of moisture conditions in roong and waterproong systems, per ASTM D7954, up to 6 inches in depth, as well as non-destructive measurement of moisture conditions in concrete decks, measurement of moisture conditions in wood decks, and ambient relative humidity and dew point conditions. This kit comes in a protective heavy-duty wheeled carry case with die-cut foam lining
Roof Inspection Kit
- The Roof Inspection Kit allows for point-of-contact, non-destructive checking of moisture conditions in roong and waterproong systems, per ASTM D7954, up to approximately 100 mm (4") in depth, as well as non-destructive measurement of moisture conditions in concrete decks, measurement of moisture conditions in wood decks, and ambient relative humidity and dew point conditions