Delmhorst G-79 Moisture Meters
Price: $ 485.00
Delmhorst G-79 Gypsum Moisture Meter
Easy-to-read analog display
Measures moisture in gypsum using a three-range scale: (0.2%-1%, 1%-8%, and 8%-50%)
Built-in battery and calibration check
The Delmhorst G-79 Gypsum Moisture Meter was designed specifically to read a wide range of moisture on gypsum. One of our first meters to feature our exclusive gypsum scale, the G-79 is still a favorite for its large analog display and classic design.
- Easy-to-read analog display.
- Measures moisture in gypsum using a three-range scale: (0.2%-1%, 1%-8%, and 8%-50%).
- Built-in battery and calibration check.
- Auto-shutoff timer saves battery life.
- Size: 7 3/8 x 3 7/8 x 2 3/4.
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Rugged construction ensures years of reliable use.
- Sturdy plastic carrying case.
- 9V battery.
- 1-year warranty.
Accessories & Electrodes
- Uninsulated pin and retainer with 5/16" penetration. Standard on all meters with built-in pins and the 2-E and 4-E electrodes. Used on wood up to 6/4 (1 ), concrete and gypsum
496 contact pins are insulated except at the tips, and measure 2" overall with 1 1/8" penetration. Standard on the 26-ES, and can be used to check wood up to 5" thick
The 496 contact pins that come with the 26-ES penetrate 1 1/8 and have insulated shanks so that only the tips are exposed. The pins make contact only at their uncoated tips and provide much more accurate readings of moisture content at various levels of penetration. This feature is useful for a variety of different applications
- Flooring installers:Penetrate through flooring to plywood sub-floor, or concrete.
- Dry kiln operators:Identify moisture gradients which helps to identify the drying pattern.
- Furniture manufacturers and craftsmen:Easily check high density hardwood that short pins are unable to penetrate
Also available as the 26-ED, which includes gauge to measure pin penetration depth
Fitted with the same 5/16" penetration pins that are mounted on our pin type meters. This electrode is great for a variety of different applications:
- Home inspector:Use on wood joists and drywall.
- Paper producer:Use on curved surfaces such as cardboard and paper tubes.
- Woodworker:Use on timber, poles, and veneer.
2-E is also available as the 2- ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas. Can also be fitted with A-103 uninsulated pins with 1 3/32 length and 11/16 penetration.