The Tramex ME5 Moisture Encounter is a Dual-Depth, non-destructive moisture meter for instant moisture measurement and evaluation. Deep Depth penetration up to 1.25" (30mm) & Shallow Depth penetration up to 0.40 (10mm). 5 Ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry, making the Moisture Encounter ideal for testing in and through a wide range of materials in the building envelope.
The ME5 Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates moisture conditions within various building materials by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial.
Used and trusted by generations of professionals worldwide for the purpose of: Locating moisture-related problems within and behind a variety of building materials in the building envelope. Mapping the extent of moisture damage caused to buildings. Monitoring progressive drying conditions in the drying process of building materials and surfaces. Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
- 5 Ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry
- Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
- Deep signal penetration, up to 1 14" (30mm) in wood and drywall, detects elevated moisture through most covering materials without having to damage or puncture the materials being tested.
- Shallow Depth scale is designed to have a field penetration of up to 10mm (0.4 inches).
- Wide range of readings from 5% to 30% on Wood Scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for all other materials.
- Detects moisture through paint, wallpaper, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, ceiling tiles, roofing membranes, and asphalt composition shingles.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continualdevelopmentand integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold Function which enables the user to freeze the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- High Moisture Audio Warning Tone which can be enabled or disabled.
- Large clear easy to read analog display giving meaningful readings.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
|Size||6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (160mm x 85mm x 38mm)|
|Power||2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)|
|Depth of penetration||Shallow signal: up to 0.40 (10mm)|
|Deep signal||up to 1.25" (30mm)|
|Wood Moisture Content||5 to 30%|
|Reference scale for building materials||0 to 100|